Wednesday 1 February 2012

Last-Year Buy: Appealing apples and Bubble Betty

I was hot-footing it back down Oxford Street after buying my heart print shorts, desperately trying to avoid temptation. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the thing most likely to stop: poppy print. It was in the window of Forever 21, a shop I'd never been to before previously, or really had any desire to especially.

Up close the top was a boringly, predictably rubbish fabric and a weird cut. I wasn't too sad as, by that time, I'd seen this apple print top.


While its shape definitely borders on the unflattering, I can forgive it anything because of its appealing (appeeling? or even apple-ing?) apple print. I like this sweet pattern especially as it reminded me of some of Joyce Badrocke's 1950s fabric designs for Horrockses, especially this design, which is sold on a notebook at the V&A.


After writing about Bubble Betty on Domestic Sluttery, I couldn't resist getting one for myself. It arrived at work on Monday and because I am an idiot and because I have the patience of a small child, I had to put it on straight away.


Here's me trying to do my best John French style posing in the loos at work - I did also parade it in front of my colleagues too, which seemed to especially impress the IT man who was fixing our computers at the time. All I need now is a rainy day to test how this look goes down on the streets of south London.

1 comment:

  1. So impressed that you can wear one of those rain bonnets and not look silly. I would look silly, you look ace. And you won't get hurty ears when it's windy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...