Friday 1 August 2014

This Month's News


I'm not just writing this to bemoan my lack of posting recently (but, woes, so many half written posts still sitting in drafts) but because THINGS are happening which deserve more than 140 characters on Twitter.

For those of you who discovered my blog through Domestic Sluttery, you'll no doubt already know the sad news that the site is closing today. I've been writing for it since 2009 and editing it since last year. It's been such a marvellous thing to be part of, with the most fantastic team of talented, funny and warm writers, and such devoted readers. It's going to leave a huge hole in my life. (If you want to hire me, and help me fill some of that hole, do get in touch. You can find out more about the things I do here.)

After the well-deserved slush fest that will be our closing bash this evening there are some exciting things coming up. Next weekend, I'll be heading to the Wilderness Festival, where I'll be taking part in a creative clinic organised by Oh Comely magazine. More details and how to book here. Come and say hello.

I'm then flying to Portugal, to enjoy some sunshine, custard tarts and culture in Porto and Lisbon. Let me know if you've any great tips for either of those places. I've been in Lisbon once before - a frightening 6 years ago now - and I'm really excited to explore it again.

And this picture was taken on Tuesday, my birthday, from the rooftop of Franks bar in Peckham. I can't quite believe the skyline but it's really real. London is pretty amazing sometimes.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...